14.1.09

My big, fat, exciting news!

No, I'm not attempting another diet, at least not in blogland.

Our big, fat, exciting news is that we are adopting a baby!!


This is actually been in the works for some time now, but we weren't really ready to share with the world. First of all, adoption is quite a process! I have been filling out paper work, getting numerous background checks, referrals from everyone but the pope (by the way, does anyone know his e-mail? His would be golden!), fingerprinting and verbal "whatever's" from my man-babies! Sheesh! All I want is a baby, not be president of the United States!!

Secondly, you would be surprised how many people judge you. I can't tell you how many people have asked, "Why would you do that?? Your children are already grown!" Yes, believe me, I know. I have wondered that same question myself. Why would a 40 year old woman with grown children want to start all over again raising a family?? Because, it's AWESOME!! Yes, there are nights of no sleep, and pooping and puking, tantrums in the middle of Wal-mart, and peeing your pants cuz your mom won't come in the potty with you cuz she is eating dinner (hee, hee Garrett!), and countless other reasons that mothers with young children toss at me after they hear our good news! Those words make me stop and question, "Am I making the right decision?"

I say, "YES!" I know how much work it is, but I know how rewarding it is, too! And this time I have more experience, more life under my belt. This baby won't be my "experimental" child! Lucky baby!

HP is super excited cuz he doesn't have any babies. It will be so fun to see him love a little person more than he loves his car/truck/motorcycle/shop/boat! Men are funny like that!

Bonus, I don't have to be pregnant and in high school! Which is cool all on it's own!

So, I will be filling you in on our journey into parenthood, again for some of us. I'm totally scared and I'm really excited!

Cute Mommy Graphics and Layouts

6 comments:

Katie said...

Brave of you to make it public!!!
Well, you know I think you're crazy but support you 100% because I'm saving a lot of my baby stuff for you.

But I can imagine that this time not having to be pregnant in High School (or pregnant in general - no morning sickness!) will be a nice change.

Aw, Bren, the "experimental" one...Really, though, that explains A LOT about Bren.

And thanks for making me laugh with the Garrett drama. She's such a pain in the ass sometimes!

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Yes, but she is a cute pain in the ass. I Bubs turned out pretty good for being "experimental". It's the Angry Youth you should worry about.

Anjie said...

I think you are crazy too, but not for wanting to adopt a baby.

Congratulations I hope things go smoothly, and I am excited to read all about it! (Daily? Bi-Weekly? Weekly? Every two weeks? oh come on! I guess update when you can)

Katie said...

Hey, so why is Al the way he is if he was the one you were supposed to be good at raising?!

(You know I'm just kidding. Even if he is angry, he's still a good kid.)

Janice said...

Congratulations Kim. Good luck...I think you'll do great....AGAIN!!

Barbi said...

ya! I am so happy for you guys! From what Katie tells me you are and will be a fantastic Mom! I am sure HP will be an awesome Dad as well. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. Very Exciting!