22.5.08

Her name was Lola, she was a show girl!

Hi my noodles! I woke up this morning, and realized it is Thursday! Where has the time gone?? I also feel like I'm 16 still, in my head, but that is another story.

Here she is! My new lil nugget! Isn't she lovely?! We've had a ruff start with her. She spent the weekend in the emergency room, for pets, and is on every med that they make for lil nuggets! I think we have found the culprit, though. My new lil baby is hosting a parasite in her lil belly! Doesn't that just make you think of Alien?! Yep, it do!

Now, I know I love this lil nugg cuz I have done things for her that only a mama would do. I've caught her puke in my hands, I've scooped up her poop in a Tupperware container and drove it across town so the vet can look at it, gotten up at night to feed her! Sheesh! It's like having a real baby!! But the funny thing is, I don't seem to mind. She's mine now. Plus, Mr. Horsepower let me stay home this week to get her on the mend! There are advantages to sleeping with the boss!

There is one more sad story. Lola has a open fontanel, which is the soft spot on top of her head. It should have closed by now, so Doc is a lil worried. She's ok, no dain bramage, but we have to be extra careful. No wrestling with the other hounds. No droppin her on her noggin. Dang!! You know how much I like to do that! With that in mind, it has been suggested that we fashion her with a little helmet. I have a dog that wears a helmet. Never thought I'd be uttering those words from my mouth. We have a dog with special needs. Once again........I'm tired.

Sooooooo, we've found a house that we love!! Bad news is there is already a bid on it. Double dang!! But, it may not go through, not sure why, but then we would be next! This is big, people! I looked all last summer and didn't find a dang thing, and yesterday was my first day out looking! The stars must be aligning with the planets or some crap like that. Anyway, I need you all to come together for a moment of silence, in prayer or whatever, for the "house". Work your mo-jo, get rid of the bad ju-ju, burn some sage, do the chicken dance, ya know whatever. I'm going to redeem my karma points. Mind you, I don't have many. I am a sinner, after all. A heathen Jezebel. Is it wrong to wish "those people" don't get the house, so I can have it? I mean, it's not like wished them to get in a car crash or something. Right?? GOOD JU-JU! GOOD JU-JU!!

Holla goes out to my beautiful lil sis Kate and her best husband ever, Bob, for being married a really long time! They rock!! They are the shiz! They're better than bad, they're GOOD! Happy anniversary you chicken lickins! I love yer guts!

PS. Kate, ask Seth if he's using his helmet, Lola needs to borrow it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

So now I totally have Barry Manalow in my head. "They fell in love..." Oh, poor little Lola. What is it about you and your pets needing emergency care? I think you beat them or something. (Not really.)

And I'm a little peeved that you'll catch Lola's puke, but when Seth was puking all over me and the floor, you ran screaming from the room. What's the deal???

Well, I'm wishing you good karma with the house. If it's meant to be, it will be yours.

Thanks. We love you, too.

Seth is using his helmet, darn it. But I think it would be too big for little Lola anyway. Be sure to take a picture of her in her helmet when she gets it!

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

I'm sorry,I have issues with people puke. I don't know what it is. Hearing or seeing someone vomit is the worst thing for me. Can't deal. We sing two songs: Barry Manalow version, and Lola by The Kinks. One is about a washed up showgirl the other is about a transexual. Neither one is a promising situation. I don't even know where to get a helmet for a dog. Ebay?! PS. Thorley is sick now. I'm developing a twitch.

Katie said...

....at the Copa...Copacabana...Music and passion were always in fashion at the Copa....They fell in love

thanks

Anjie said...

Lola is such a cutie! Sorry about her being sick...I hope she gets better soon!
AND Good JU JU coming your way!