15.5.08

Is house hunting a sport?



Hi my fav-o-rite lounge lizards! Tribute to the 80's game Leisure Larry and Land of the Lounge Lizards! For those of you that care, I have a Leisure Larry key chain, a most prized possesion. Which reminds me of the time I traded a rubber chicken key chain to my craziest, funniest, demented friend Rach, for a shirt that says "Trailer Trash"on it. It was a good trade. Oh Rach, how I miss you so!

So, I have alot going on these days. Let's be honest, who doesn't. Sometimes I feel so whelmed, that I just want to climb into bed, minus devil hounds, and sleep for a week to ten days. Again, who doesn't. So what do I do in these times of whemedness? I look for a new house!!

Yep lizards, the hunt is on! This time I'm bringing a lunch! Last summer I looked at every dang house is the valley, did we buy anything? Of course not. Mr. Horsepower is very particular about where he's gonna keep his collection of crap. He want's a rambler with an entryway and only certain colors are acceptable, must have three car garage, etc. Sheesh! How'd he get so picky?! I mean he comes home covered in grease, smelling like a dirty man-boy! Who does he think he is, getting to be so choosy? It must be the Tim Gunn in him. He is a bit metro. By bit, I mean alot. Shush! It's a secret.
I'm much simpler. I only requested a yard big enough for a pool, and a wonderful closet! It's the Carrie Bradshaw in me. Oh, and a nice kitchen. Pretty easy, don't you think? This is the part where you all, as my trusted lizards, nod approvingly with agreement. Thank you. Mr. HP has learned that technique and has never once regretted it. It's really in his best interest. Silly boys!

Truth is, we both have the same taste and ideas on what a house should look like for us. I'm just a lil more flexible. I don't mind a two story or if the master bedroom is a lil small especially if it has a good bathroom. I'm willing to compromise. Not Mr. HP. It's his way or the highway! He'll be the judge!! He's the boss! You don't know!! I got sooooo good at just opening the door of a house and knowing Mr. HP wasn't gonna like it. And there were some cute houses out there! But none for me. Where to put me and my devil hounds and my man-babies when they come to visit?! Sheesh!

So now we are back on the hunt for a new nest! And Mr. Horsepower is gonna see how hard it really is, cuz I'm not gonna do it by myself this time. He's goin with me.

I'm tired already.

4 comments:

Janice said...

I hope you have functional shoes too. I HATE house hunting. They all the same after about....mmm, well 2. Good luck!

Katie said...

I hope you have better luck this time. I'll be keepin' my fingers cross for you. Hugs! You're gonna need 'em.

Anjie said...

I'm sure you burn tons of calories house hunting....so I'd call it a sport! Good luck, I hate picky husbands....but I am sure you will find a great one! (house, not new husband)

Allison and Ben said...

House hunting is not fun. We are in the process of moving back to Texas and we had one week to find a decent house. Not a fun adventure. I'm sure you guys will do great. Good luck and I would bring snacks too!